by Beth Paiva
4 cups of cream
1/2 cup CHAUCER’S Blackberry Wine
1 cup sugar
12 egg yolks
- Preheat ovento 275°
- Put cream and wine in a sauce pot and bring to a boil
- take egg yolks and sugar and whisk together in a bowl.
- Add hot cream to egg yolks while whisking a little at a time so you don’t make scambled eggs. Once all the cream is in with the yolks, scoop off all the foam that is on the top.
- Pour into 8 small dishes that are oven safe. Put dishes on a sheet pan. Add a small amount of hot water onto the sheet pan so the creme brulee doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Bake in an oven for about 1 and 1/2 hours or until they jiggle like JELL-O.
- To brulee the top, sprinkle granulated sugar on the top of the creme brulee evenly and stick under the broiler in your oven until desired color. (golden brown)
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.