by Beth Paiva
2 pounds fresh figs (ripe)
1 & 3/4 cup sugar
zest 1 Lemon (plus the lemon juice from that lemon)
1/4 cup Bargetto Port Wine
pinch of salt
- Wash, remove the stems and cut the figs in 1/2. place in sauce pan.
- Add sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, port wine, salt. toss together.
- On medium high heat bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn down heat to medium and let boil for about 20 mins, stir occasionally, until the mixture thickens. (keep an eye on the mixture so you don’t burn the bottom of the pan)
- Remove from heat and mash the figs. place jam in jam jars and a container and let
- cool to room temperature. store in your fridge for a few weeks