Pair with SCM Merlot
By Greg Flores
Greg Flores studied culinary arts at The California Culinary Academy in San Francisco. Upon graduation, Greg worked his way up from Extern to Sous Chef at Cate Marcella, a four star restaurant in Los Gatos, California. After a brief time as Executinve Chef at Bethany College, Greg is now back in Los Gatos as one of the chefs at Three Degrees in The Toll House Hotel.
4-10 oz. boneless ribeyes
8 whole shallots
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter, unsalted
1/8 cup blue cheese
1. Place butter and blue cheese in mixing bowl. Bring to a room temperature.
2. Whisk until thorougly mixed.
3. Place butter on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into log shape about 1 inch in diameter.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Place shallots and oil in a small oven proof pan or bowl.
6. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until carmelized.
7. Remove from oven, strain oil, and place on plate so that shallots are not touching.
8. Grill ribeyes for 5 minutes per side or until medium rare.
9. Top with shallots and 2 slices of compound butter.
Recommended with roasted potatoes and green beans.