By Shawn Stanchfield
4 lbs. Rrusset potatoes
2 oz. garlic, minced
6 oz. heavy cream
8 oz. butter, unsalted
4 oz. goat cheese, mild
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and cut the potatoes and put them in a large saucepan.
2. Combine with garlic and add enough salted cold water to cover the potatoes.
3. Simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender, but not falling apart.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, heat the cream, butter, goat cheese and salt and pepper in a small pan over low heat.
5. Stir until the butter and cheese are just melted and smooth. Keep warm.
6 . Drain the potatoes and garlic.
7. Mash. Beat in the butter mixture.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.