By: Shawn Stanchfield
2 pounds fresh peaches
12 oz. BARGETTO California Pinot Grigio
2 oz. honey
1 oz. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 oz. plain nonfat yogurt
1/2 T. heavy cream
As required pistachios, chopped fine
1. Remove the pit from the peaches and rough chop them leaving the peels on.
2. Add the California Pinot Grigio, honey and lemon juice.
3. Heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remember to use a non reactive pan (no aluminum or copper).
4. After simmering remove and puree the peach mixture in a blender. (A tip when pureeing any hot mixture is to start the blender first then add the ingredients. Sometimes people add the hot mixture to the blender, cover, then watch it explode all over the kitchen walls when the blender is turned on.)
5. Once blended, strain and chill.
6. Stir in the cinnamon, yogurt and heavy cream.
7. Chill thoroughly and serve in chilled bowls, garnished with the chopped pistachio nuts.