by Tabitha Stroup
2lb. sweet cream organic butter at room temperature
Split 1/2 of a vanilla bean with seed scraped
Half cup of room temp. Raspberry Wine
1 1/2 cups chopped toasted walnuts chop fine
Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
pinch of white pepper
Ok lets go…..get the mixer out and attach the paddle.
- On low speed slowly add chunks of butter until smooth and creamy.
- add a Tbsp. at a time of the Raspberry Wine. Let each addition absorb into the butter before the next addition.
- Now after all liquid is added. TASTE…is it strong enough or gentle enough? If too delicate slowly add T. at a time till the flavors speak to you.
- Now in a separate bowl add the rest of the ingredients and toss together.
- Slowly add by hand the dry ingredients and gently by hand mix the butter till just combined. *too much heat from the movement will melt the butter and a mess is sure to follow.
- When the recipe is blended and tastes in balance. Put in the fridge with a piece of plastic lightly over the bowl so the butter mix will not adopt the refrigerator smells.
- You will need three paper towel rolls cut lengthwise like a half pipe. Line the half pipe card board rolls in plastic rap with plenty of over flow so to be able to wrap the butters.
- Fill the rolls with the compound butter. *Wearing gloves helps and use your hands to get the semi chilled butter in all the voids in the roll. Now you have a tube of butter with a half pipe mold.
USES On toast, French toast, top roasted sweet potatoes, on corn bread, a disk on a piece of roasted pork tenderloin, rub the skin of a turkey or any game bird with the butter to create a caramelized crust that is sure to wow…enjoy!