by Beth Paiva
2 cups assorted berries
1 cup BARGETTO Bella Dolce
1/4 cup sugar
Vanilla Chiffon Cake
1 cup sifted cake flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup veggie oil
4 large eggs separated(room temperature)
1/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
- In sauce pan bring the Bella Dolce and sugar to a boil. Let cool to room temperature or cooler.
- Toss berries in Bella Dolce/sugar mixture, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325º
- In a bowl mix cake flour, sugar, and baking powder. set aside.
- In a mixer beat egg yolks on high until light yellow.
- Slowly add oil, then water, then vanilla (turn down speed as you add liquids)
- Slowly add dry ingredients until mixed together. Set aside.
- In a mixer beat egg whites until medium peaks.
- Slowly fold together egg whites and egg yolks.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, when it comes out of the oven turn the cake pan upside down.
- Once cake has cooled top with BARGETTO Bella Dolce, berries and fresh whipped cream.